Tuesday, June 10, 2014

TRAVEL DATES!! In HIS time!

Ecclesiastes 3:11 " He has made everything beautiful in its time. "


So, the travel dates came!!  We will be leaving here on July 5th and have Nate forever in our arms on July 7th!!  Return home is July 12th!!  It feels surreal to finally be at this part of this process.  Remember, we started this process in November of 2012.  Committed to Nate in February of 2013, and here we are almost in July 2014 bringing him home!!!  Longest.  Pregnancy.  Ever!  ;)  But, at least I don't have the stretch marks on this one!  But, I have been stretched in other ways for sure!!  I can confidently say that Clay and I have grown more in the past 19 months then in our whole lives up to this point.  There have been lots of tears shed (him and me!) and lots of growth.  Growth in our marriage.  Growth in our relationships with God.  Growth in our trust for God.  Growth in our love for one another.  Growth in our love for Jack and Chandler.  Growth in our love for Nate.  The ability to just let go and let God take over - to trust that HIS plans are better than ours.  To see HIS provision.  I am sure you remember a post way back when I talked about my fear of money issues.  Um.  Guys!  This whole process has taught me so much, but to see God's provision for funding the over $30k to get Nate home!  It is crazy!!!  I love seeing GOD so up close and personal.  Why did I waste so many years of my life not having this intimate relationship with HIM?  I know without a doubt, that we need GOD more now than ever.  We are about to face some BIG huge storms ahead.  We continue to covet your prayers in our lives.  Over the next month for sure, but then on into the next year.  I hear it takes about a year to adjust to a new family member.  Please continue to pray as we transition into our new family of 5!! 

So, flights are booked!!  Hotel is booked!!!  The difference this time is we are not going to be flying out of San Antonio.  The return flight is such a hassle - once you touch down on US soil, you have to get all your luggage and go through customs.  Then, you have to check in all your luggage again, go through security again, and then wait on your flight.  NO THANK YOU!  So, we are departing and returning to Houston.  We will then make the 3 hour drive home with Nate and most likely be home before we would if we had flown.  Sounds like a better plan now.  But we will see!  ;)  So, all that to say - we will not be having a big airport gathering to welcome Nate home.  Plans are in the works by two of our amazing friends to have a little gathering Sunday the 13th at our house.  I know.  Are we  crazy?  But, we know you guys want to meet him!! And, after this initial meeting, we will then go into our "hermit" or "cocooning" stage.  We plan to take at least a month and pretty much just bond with Nate.  Just us.  Clay has 2 weeks off of work! (yay!!), so I will return to work immediately (remember I only work 2 days a week), and then luckily, my boss is on vacation for a bit right after that so I am off work for 2 weeks!  We plan to be the only caregivers for Nate during this time.  Then, after some time, we would love to have visitors and get back into our groove!  But, just give us some grace during this time.  We may be slow to return texts/emails/calls.  We may not be very involved in any extracurricular activities!  ;)   We will be doing doctors visits and just bonding with our little guy.  We don't need a care calendar or any help (if we do we will let you know) - but if you know me, you know what a picky eater I am - I won't eat your food!  Haha!!  So, all we are asking for during the initial time home, is prayer.  Thank you so much for your continued prayer for us.  We are so thankful for you, our support system! 

No comments:

Post a Comment